Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Art is Life

So I mentioned that I'm an amateur artist. I deal primarily with acrylic on canvas but I also have been known to do charcoals and sculpting. I even started branching out this summer with some apparel type art. I have a goal to produce more and sell it on Etsy.com. Today I also found a local store where I think my art apparel would be a perfect fit! To date, I've only made it for my family, though. My poor family is my guinea pig frequently!


The prospect of selling some of my work and branching out excites me! I have been getting increasingly more involved in a sub-culture in my city recently that I enjoy a lot! I'm getting more and more into the "natural" movement. I won't bore you with the changes I've made in my home at this time, but I'm glad I have made them. I'm also getting interested in re-using things. So I've been thinking more about making art out of other objects. Sort of a repurposing. It's better for the environment, makes me feel better about what I'm producing, and it's more economical for me AND the people buying it! If that's not good business sense, I'm not sure what is! In addition, it's becoming quite a trend!

I'm enjoying this forward momentum I have going on-now if I can only find the time to cash in on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment