Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Year

What will this new year hold?

We will elect the next president as a nation. This is heavy on my mind lately. I know whom I am for but I fear whom others I know will choose. I am frightened for our nation. I know many others are as well and the funny thing is, people who completely disagree with my political view are frightened, too. I hope that we can come together soon and be the United States of America once again.

I will graduate from College. I'm excited. I started this journey when I was 17 and restarted it when I was 27. I'll finally receive my Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration (barring anything unforeseen) in May 2012 at age 32 (on my 32nd birthday in fact!). A lot of work has gone into this degree and I hope it pays off!

I will start graduate school. ACK! More school!! I must be nuts!

My baby will turn 4 and my big girl will (I think) officially be a "tween" at 11 years old. My kids are growing up too fast!

What else? Obviously, I hope that everyone I know will have another birthday. I hope my sweet husband and I get to take a vacation or two...he deserves it for all the  support while I do 101 million things and I could sure use the break!

I want to face this year excited and impassioned for all the things I want to accomplish! Right now, though, I'm putting one foot in front of the other with some trepidation (GRE on January 2nd, anyone?) and with some excitement.

I hope you new year is the happiest yet!  

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment