Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Shaky Dance

When my daughter was about 3, she was a big fan of The Wiggles. If you're unfamiliar with the 5 and under set entertainment, you can check them out here. I'll sum up that they're a group of four Australian young men who sing songs aimed at preschoolers, complete with a narcoleptic (not kidding). One day, she came to our house singing The Shaky Dance song. It's a song (really called Shaky Shaky apparently) The Wiggles sing sometimes basically as a means of getting energy out for the little ones. Today I have all sorts of ways I want (and don't want) to do The Shaky Dance.

I would really like to stop shaking from the asthma medication I have to take since I have an upper respiratory infection. I'd also like to stop shaking from the infection itself.

I'm ready to shake off the feelings of dissatisfaction off that have settles on me like a heavy winter cloak.

I'm ready to shake loose the shackles of expectations, opinions, woulds, and shoulds of the world and of well meaning loved ones.

I want to shake the sand off my feet and run instead of feeling like I've been standing still for far too long.

I need to shake both physically and mentally to rid myself of my feelings of inadequacy and ugliness.

This is NOT a post intended to whine. But I know there are others out there who need to shake something off. Whether it's a person or a feeling or some extra pounds or that job that is dragging you down. Shake it off today! If you need pointers on how, watch The Wiggles for some moves (plus, it will probably cheer you up)!

No comments:

Post a Comment